One of the fashion gods who made their stamp in the fashion industry, Karl Lagerfeld, passed away at the age of 85 in Paris. He leaves a legacy and impact on the majority of the world especially all in fashion, celebrities and Paris.
Here are some fun facts about Mr. Lagerfeld:
- He was born into a wealthy German family in Hamburg on September 10, 1933
- He fell in love with the fashion industry when his mother took him to a Dior show in 1949.
- He was personal assistant to legendary French fashion designer Pierre Balmain while in his early 20s, and then produced his first haute couture collection in the late 1950s.
- He was said to be the most hardworking figure in the fashion world holding down the top design jobs at LVMH-owned luxury label Fendi from 1977
- His biggest career move in 1983 when Chanel made him creative director.
- He was credited with making the label more modern and appealing to a younger audience with a range of exciting new colors, modified cuts and other fabrics
- 1993 he caused Vogue chief Anna Wintour to walk out his Milan Fashion Week show when he used strippers to promote his new Fendi line
- He was dubbed the "Kaiser of Fashion" for presiding over iconic fashion house Chanel for more than 30 years
- His health had been failing for several weeks and there was widespread concern when he did not appear at the end of the recent Chanel Show in Paris
- Rumors state he had succumbed to a secret battle with pancreatic cancer.
Check out some pictures below of Karl and other known celebrities!